What you keep in your gym bag can help you succeed in your fitness journey. The “perfect” gym bag is stocked with your gym essentials, but small enough to fit in the gym locker. You also want to pack light. Dragging a 50lb bag on your commute is no fun! Depending on your gym, they may have some items available for purchase for you. But who wants to pay top-dollar for a pair of socks. Plus, your gym may not carry your favorite deodorant.
Keeping your gym bag ready to go will also help you keep going to the gym consistently. A packed gym bag means you’ll have one less obstacle to keep you from the gym. Most of the items on the list are ones that you can keep permanently in your bag. Just add your workout outfit for the day and your set!
Gym Bag Essentials
- Water Bottle: Of course, you already know the importance of water. But a spare water bottle should have a permanent spot in your gym bag.
- Deodorant: Deodorant is one item a gym-goer (anyone, really) shouldn’t forget. Next time your re-stocking your deodorant, purchase an extra one to keep in your bag.
- Socks: Socks are small so they’re easy to forget. Keep an extra pair of socks in your bag.
- Sports Bra: The cute bra you wore under your business-casual ensemble to the office is not the same bra you’ll want to wear to your Vixen workout. So it’s best keep an extra one in your bag.
- Face Wash or Wipes: Whether you wear makeup or not, your face will always need a wipedown after a good workout. Face wipes come in handy post-workout.
- Flip Flops: Here’s another lightweight item for you bag. Flip flops come in handy for the shower. Even if you don’t intend to shower at the gym, these come in handy for the sauna or steam room.
- Snack: A granola bar, jerky, or nuts make for a great post-workout snack.
- Towel: Yes, I know your gym has towels. But an extra towel never hurts.
- Hair Ties: You know that hair tie is going to snap when your tighten that ponytail. So grab an extra pack at Target and keep it in your bag.
What’s in your gym bag?