Best Week Ever…No. I’m not talking about the TV show! I’m talking about YOU having the best week. Mondays are usually the red-headed stepchild of the week. Since Monday happens every week, we might as well make the best of it. Keep in mind, prepping for Monday morning doesn’t guarantee everything will go smoothly. Planning ahead helps you handle the unexpected with a clearer mind.
Preparing for the best week ever doesn’t just mean meal prepping on Sunday afternoons. I’m talking about prepping and planning for the week as a whole. There are so many things you can do to prepare for the week. Spending about an hour preparing ahead of time will save you hours throughout the week. You know the saying, “If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.”
Plan for the Best Week Ever
Being unprepared for the week tends to pave the way for a frazzled day. To avoid this, let’s plan ahead.
- Schedule It: Put that daily planner or the calendar in your phone to use. Lay out your days to see exactly what you have going on for the week. In addition to scheduling appointments, evaluate important tasks or nix accordingly.
- Plan a Menu: At the very least, plan out, on paper, what your meals will be. Bonus points, if you cook them ahead of time. Pick two days to cook your meals for the remainder of the week.
- Put it into the Universe: Set an intention for the week. Tell yourself that you WILL go to that cycling class this week. Or that you’ll meditate a set number of days this week.
- Me-Time: In addition to scheduling workouts, be sure to schedule some me-time. Not only will this help you relax, but also help stoke some creativity.
- Be an Early Bird: Wake up earlier. Doing so even a few minutes helps to start your day on a positive note.
How do you plan your week?