Holiday Weight Gain
Holiday weight gain can be one of the biggest stressors this time of year. Parties, pressure to deal with family, shopping…all these things can throw us off our game. When this happens, holiday weight gain can creep up. But it doesn’t need to be that way. Sometimes, the financial stress of the holidays, or dealing with certain family members, can make people turn to food to feel better. Unfortunately, this is something that can happen at any time of year. For some reason, though, the Holidays seem to bring those feelings up even more.
There are many ways to ward off the holiday weight gain. Just like any time of year, it requires effort. But it can be done. Here are some ways to keep the holiday weight gain away:
- Load up on healthier options: When you arrive at a holiday soiree, see what healthier food choices are available. Stock up on those.
- Be social!: Being a social butterfly has its benefits when it comes to staying fit during the holidays. Studies show that you tend to eat less when you’re busy talking.
- Slim Down Recipes: Substitute ingredients in recipes for healthier options. Use apple sauce and greek yogurt as substitutes in popular recipes.
- Eat!: Eat before leaving for a party. It’s never wise to arrive at a party hungry. Eating before the festivities will make you more discriminant about what you eat. This helps you make better choices.
- Say NO!: Sounds simple enough. However, some of us have a problem saying no. Simply say, “Everything was great. But I couldn’t eat another bite.
- Avoid Stress: You think this is easier said than done. It doesn’t need to be difficult, at all. What is the point if stressing? If CAN change the situation, just change it and quit worrying about it. If canNOT change, quit worrying about it.
Try some of these during the season to avoid the holiday weight gain. See what you think!
Powered by BLM Girls